Tuesday, April 7, 2009

God's Politics - Discussion Schedule

1st book up for our reading group is "God's Politics: A New Vision for Faith and Politics in America" by Jim Wallis.

I propose this discussion schedule:
April 15: Part 1 Changing the Wind
April 22: Part 2 Moving Beyond the Politics of Complaint
April 29: Part 3 Spiritual Values and International Relations
May 6: Part 4 Spiritual Values and Economic Justice
May 13: Part 5 Spiritual Values and Social Issues
May 20: Part 6 Spiritual Values and Social Change

I think this keeps us moving without making the reading amount overwhelming. Each week, I will post a new topic/discussion question and let the conversation go from there.

Going in to this, I know that we will have a variety of viewpoints and that we will have people coming from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Throughout the conversation, I ask that we all offer the love of Christ to each other--even as we engage each other's thoughts and viewpoints.

In order to participate in this blog, I will need to make you a member of this blog. You will need to have a Google account (I can help you with this if needed).

Peace,
rc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.